Win a chance to have your original art displayed at Halls during Rebecca Minkoff’s personal apperance!September 3, 2013 by Halls
WIN A CHANCE TO HAVE YOUR ORIGINAL ART DISPLAYED AT HALLS DURING THE REBECCA MINKOFF PERSONAL APPEARANCE!
You may have heard – Halls is hosting award-winning designer Rebecca Minkoff here in Kansas City on Thursday, October 3rd from 6pm to 8pm. And we’d love to have a local artist help us welcome Rebecca to the store.
We’ll be installing a piece of gatorboard (approximately 10 feet long by 7 feet tall) on the second floor and inviting event attendees to leave messages for Rebecca using a variety of brightly colored markers. (A similar board was used at a party in Rebecca’s Los Angeles store, shown above. )
We are running a contest to select a local artist to create original artwork to anchor and kick off the gatorboard for the event. To enter, artists should submit a preview of their proposed artwork via their personal Instagram account, tagged with “RMlovesART” and #”HALLSlovesRM”. Entries will be accepted via Instagram only, from September 3, 2013 through September 22, 2013.
All proposed art must meet the Requirements outlined in the Official Rules below. These Requirements include (but are but not limited to):
- The artwork is two-dimensional and executable on gatorboard (approximately 10’ long by 7’ tall), with markers and/or paint pens only (to be provided by the artist), in the Halls store, within two hours from set-up to completion. (No glue, spray adhesive, spray paint, paint in any form other than paint pens or three-dimensional components may be utilized.)
- The art should NOT take the entire length of the gatorboard but must leave sufficient white space available for event attendees to add their own tags, messages or illustrations.
- Each submitted artwork will be evaluated and scored based on the following “Criteria”: (i) artistic merit – drawing/illustration skills and use of color; (ii) creativity and originality – considering the representation of the Contest theme “Halls Loves Rebecca Minkoff” and the official event hashtag “#HALLSlovesRM”, as well as unique and novel approach; (iii) adherence to the Requirements and Rules.
- Eligible artists are 18 or older, U.S. citizens or permanent U.S. legal residents and available to execute the artwork on the afternoon and early evening of October 3, 2013 (no travel expenses paid).
The winner will have his or her name featured on a sign during the event and will be featured in the Halls social media profiles during and after the event.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. VALID IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
The Halls Loves Rebecca Minkoff Competition (the “Contest”) is designed to encourage eligible artists (“Entrant(s)” or “You”) to use their creativity to create an artistic sign used to visually anchor an in-store personal appearance by renowned designer Rebecca Minkoff. Judges will choose the winning entries, and prizes will be awarded in accordance with these Official Rules (the “Rules”).
1. BINDING AGREEMENT: In order to enter the Contest, you must agree to the Rules. Therefore, please read these Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that submission of an entry in the Contest constitutes agreement to these Rules. You may not submit an entry to the Contest and are not eligible to receive the prizes described in these Rules unless you agree to these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and Halls with respect to the Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter the Contest, an Entrant must: (a) be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. legal resident (i.e. must be able to show proof of legal permanent residence, for example, a “green card”); (b) be at least 18 years old and (3) available to execute their proposed art in the Halls store located at 211 Nichols Road, Kansas City, Missouri on October 3, 2013. Contest is void in Puerto Rico, U.S. territories and possessions, outside of the U.S., and where prohibited by law. Employees, interns, contractors, and official office-holders of Halls, and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, advertising and promotion agencies, representatives, and agents (“Contest Entities”), and members of the Contest Entities’ and their immediate families (parents, siblings, children, spouses, and life partners of each, regardless of where they live) and members of the households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are ineligible to participate in this Contest.
3. SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by Halls, LLC. (“Halls” or “Sponsor”), with principal place of business at 200 East 25th Street, Kansas City, MO, 64108, USA.
4. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on September 3, 2013 12pm Central Time (CT) Zone in the United States and ends on September 22, 2013, 11:59 Central Time (CT) Zone (“Contest Period”). All dates are subject to change.
5. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter the Contest, submit proposed artwork by posting an image of said artwork to Instagram, using your personal Instagram account and tagging said image with the hashtags #RMlovesART and #HALLSlovesRM. All submissions must be made during the Contest Period. The art submission must meet the “Requirements,” described below.
Halls is not responsible for incorrectly submitted artwork. Entries posted without the required hashtags in the caption will be disqualified.
LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER ENTRANT. Subsequent entries will be disqualified. To be considered for the Contest, entries must be: (i) complete (as determined by Halls); (ii) received by September 22, 2013 11:59 Central Time (CT); and (iii) in English (unless otherwise specified). Machine or computer-generated mass entries will be disqualified. Any submission not meeting the aforementioned criteria will be disqualified. Halls accepts no responsibility for submissions lost, delayed, damaged, defaced, or mislaid, howsoever caused. All entries will be deemed made by the Entrant submitted at the time of entry.
6. ARTWORK REQUIREMENTS. The submitted artwork must meet the following criteria (“Requirements”):
(a) They must not be derogatory, offensive, threatening, defamatory, disparaging, libelous or contain any content that is inappropriate, indecent, sexual, profane, tortuous, slanderous, discriminatory in any way, or that promotes hatred or harm against any group or person, or otherwise does not comply with the theme and spirit of the Contest.
(b) They must not contain content, material or any element that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to all applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulation including the laws or regulations in any state where the artwork is created.
(c) They must not contain any content, material or element that displays any third party advertising, slogan, logo, trademark or otherwise indicates a sponsorship or endorsement by a third party, commercial entity or that is not within the spirit of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
(d) They must be original, unpublished works that does not contain, incorporate or otherwise use any content, material or element that is owned by a third party or entity.
(e) They cannot contain any content, element, or material that violates a third party’s publicity, privacy or intellectual property rights.
(f) The artwork is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim.
(g) The Entrant does not include any disparaging remarks relating to the Sponsor or a third party.
(h) The artwork is two-dimensional and executable on gatorboard (10’ long by 7’ tall), with markers and/or paint pens only (to be provided by the artist), in the Halls store, within two hours from set-up to completion. (No glue, spray adhesive, spray paint, paint in any form other than paint pens or three-dimensional components may be utilized.) The art should NOT take the entire length of the gatorboard but must leave sufficient white space available for event attendees to add their own tags, messages or illustrations.
During the Contest Period, the Sponsor, its agents and/or the Judges (defined below) will be evaluating the submitted artwork to ensure that they meet the Requirements. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant who submits artwork that does not meet the Requirements. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Rules are subject to disqualification.
7. JUDGING: Each submitted artwork will be evaluated and scored based on the following “Criteria”: (i) artistic merit – drawing/illustration skills and use of color; (ii) creativity and originality – considering the representation of the Contest theme “Halls Loves Rebecca Minkoff” and the official event hashtag “#HALLSlovesRM”, as well as unique and novel approach; (iii) adherence to the Requirements and these Rules.
By applying the Criteria, a panel of Halls Employees will choose one (1) Winner from qualified entries.
Notification of Winner: Becoming a winner is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the artwork that received the next highest total score will be chosen as the potential finalist or winner. The winner will be selected and notified by Instagram message on or after September 23, 2013 and before October 3, 2013, with instructions to respond privately by Facebook message and/or email, at Sponsor’s discretion. If a potential winner does not respond to the notification attempt within three (3) days from the first notification attempt, then such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received based on the judging Criteria described herein. Except where prohibited by law, each potential winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release and provide any additional information that may be required by Sponsor. If required, potential winner must return all such required documents via fax (or as otherwise instructed) within forty-eight (48) hours and via U.S. Mail within seven (7) days following attempted notification or such potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and another potential finalist/winner may be selected based on the judging Criteria described herein. All notification requirements, as well as other requirements within these Rules, will be strictly enforced. Determinations of Judges are final and binding.
8. PRIZES: The Winner will win the opportunity to have his or her original artwork featured and displayed at Halls, 211 Nichols Road, Kansas City, MO on October 3, 2013 during the personal appearance of internationally-renowned fashion designer Rebecca Minkoff. The artist’s name will be prominently featured alongside the artwork and both the artist’s name and photos of the artwork will be promoted via Halls social media. This prize has no cash value.
No travel expenses will be paid by the Sponsor or any entity. The winner must provide for his or her own travel to and from the venue on October 3, 2013.
No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for prizes is allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if a prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason. Sponsor has not made and is not responsible in any manner for any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to the prize(s), regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Halls reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant from the Contest if, in Halls’ sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the Entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants, Halls, or the Judges.
10. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: As between Halls and the Entrant, the Entrant retains ownership of all intellectual and industrial property rights (including moral rights) in and to the submitted artwork. As a condition of entry, Entrant grants Halls a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, distribute, publicly perform, create a derivative work from, and publicly display the submitted and/or finally executed artwork for any purpose, including display on the Halls website and/or social media profiles. Any such use will be made with attribution but without compensation to Entrant. Final art will not be returned to the winning artist after the event.
11. PRIVACY: Entrants agree that personal data submitted with an entry, including name, mailing address, phone number, and email address may be collected, processed, stored and otherwise used by Sponsor and its affiliates for the purposes of conducting and administering the Contest. By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to the transmission, processing, disclosing and storage of this personal data by Sponsor and its affiliates.
12. PUBLICITY. By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to participate in any media or promotional activity resulting from the Contest as reasonably requested by Halls and agree and consent to use of their name and/or likeness by Halls. Halls will contact Entrants in advance of any Halls-sponsored media request for interviews.
The submitted artwork and/or finally executed artwork may also be used for press and media purposes and Entrant agrees to waive any rights and not assert any intellectual property rights that Entrant has or may have in the submitted artwork.
13. WARRANTY AND INDEMNITY: Entrants warrant that their submitted artwork are their own original work and, as such, they are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted artwork and that they have the right to submit the artwork in the Contest and grant all required licenses. Each Entrant agrees not to submit any artwork that: (a) infringes any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade names, industrial designs, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity or confidentiality obligations; or (b) otherwise violates applicable state, federal, or local law.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified Sponsor at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the Entrant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or accruing from: (i) any artwork or other material uploaded or otherwise provided by Entrant that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) any misrepresentation made by Entrant in connection with the Contest; (iii) any non-compliance by Entrant with these Rules; (iv) claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Rules arising from or related to Entrant’s involvement with the Contest; (v) acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in the Contest; (vi) any malfunction or other problem with the Contest Site in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant; (vii) any error in the collection, processing, or retention of entry or voting information in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant and in the voting process by consumers; or (viii) any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize or winners in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant.
14. ELIMINATION. Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by Entrant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of right or non-compliance with these Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the entrant from the Contest.
15. INTERNET AND DISCLAIMER. Halls is not responsible for any malfunction of Instagram or any late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, or destroyed artwork due to system errors, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or other telecommunication transmission malfunctions, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, typographical or system/human errors and failures, technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, cable connections, satellite transmissions, servers or providers, or computer equipment, traffic congestion on the Internet or at the Contest Site, or any combination thereof, including other telecommunication, cable, digital or satellite malfunctions which may limit Entrant’s ability to participate. Halls is not responsible for the policies, actions, or inactions of others, which might prevent Entrant from entering, participating, and/or claiming a prize in this Contest. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules will not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify Entrants who violate the rules or interfere with this Contest in any manner. If an Entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that Entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Contest.
16. RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY OR DISQUALIFY. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Halls reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Halls further reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the submission process or any other part of the Contest. Any attempt by an Entrant to deliberately damage any web site, including Instagram, or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Halls reserves the right to seek damages from any such Entrant to the fullest extent of the applicable law.
17. NOT AN OFFER OR CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT: Under no circumstances shall the submission of any artwork into the Contest, the awarding of a prize, or anything in these Rules be construed as an offer or contract of employment with either Halls, or the Contest Entities. Entrants acknowledge that they submitted their artwork voluntarily and not in confidence or in trust. Entrants acknowledge that no confidential, fiduciary, agency or other relationship or implied-in-fact contract now exists between Entrant and Halls or the Contest Entities and that no such relationship is established by Entrant’s submission of artwork under these Rules.
18. FORUM AND RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL PROCEDURES: These Rules shall be governed by, subject to, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Missouri, United States of America, excluding all conflict of law rules. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, seek injunctive relief or make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and Entrants expressly waive any and all such rights.